Monday, January 4, 2010

Limits

I love Craigslist, consignment sales, and garage sales. I will take any and all hand-me-downs. I have ALMOST no limits. I get way too much enjoyment from procuring three grocery bags full of clothing for my son for $5, only to open them up and find that they include TWO denim jackets, a pair of shoes in his size from Gymboree, a fireman jacket, and clothing from places such as the Gap, Calvin Klein, and LL Bean. But I do have my limits.

I will buy, hide away, and strategically bring out over 100 Matchbox cars (for $10) no matter how beat up they look (as long as they aren't broken!). I will buy a lot of toys even if I don't want all of them- and then bring them home and turn around and sell the ones I don't want.... last time I wound up with $200 worth for $10, only to end up making $50 off the ones I didn't want.

There is a lot of Clorox Anywhere spray usage in my house. But I do have limits. And what are my limits (my husband asks repeatedly)? Here they are:

Things I will not buy used:
Socks
Swimsuits
Potty
Hats
Anything that goes in the mouth (utensils, bottles, binkies, teethers... that people try to sell these items used drives me crazy)

Um... yeah. That's pretty much it. :) Anything else can be cleaned with Anywhere Spray, bleach, and good old fashioned hot water.

No comments: